If you are pregnant and considering an adoption plan for your child, then you are facing one of the most momentous, life-changing, and courageous decisions in your life and in your child's life. You may be worried and scared - but you are not alone. There are many people and organizations out there waiting to help you. The Adoption Law Center of Northern Virginia is one of them.
At no charge to you, the Adoption Law Center of Northern Virginia will provide you with legal representation to help you make the best decision for you and your child. Your adoption attorney will meet with you to explain your legal rights and will stand beside you throughout the adoption process. You will have many questions and your adoption lawyer will answer every one of them for you. Questions like:
• Can I choose my child's family?
• Do I have to use an adoption agency?
• When will my child be placed with her new family?
• How soon do I have to decide?
• How long do I have to change my mind?
• Can I have contact with my child after the adoption?
• Can I get photographs and updates about my child?
• What about the biological father of my child?
• How can I pay for the hospital bills?
Please do not rely on friends, the Internet, or even counselors or social workers to provide you with legal advice about your adoption. Before you make this important decision, be sure to meet with an attorney who represents you.